Well well well… here we are at week 13! Can you believe it? Not quite sure but that’s about 50 yoga full sessions.
Back at week 4; (https://stevey.com/2008/02/10/update-week-4-of-yoga/) I was really starting to feel the results of it.
I was still sweating like crazy by the end of each session (not that I’m that much better now but I’m able to make it through a concentrated session without feeling faint ;-)
After many more weeks, Here are some more thoughts and notes;
- Really noticing forearm strength now, biceps still feeling stronger, lower back, almost every muscle.
- Flexibility on “forward fold” and “downward dog” much much better (still a long way to go though)
- Starting to notice that one side of my body is much stronger than the other
- Breathing is continuing to improve but still the toughest part
- Able to hold poses much lower to the ground now and for much longer
- Doing yoga on the road takes some planning
- I pinched some muscle in my back – had to take a couple days off to make sure that “healed” – not sure if it was from yoga or something else
- Considering taking some classes to fix the myriad of mistakes I’m surely making
- Curious how this will help my surfing in 3 weeks time
(feel free to rip into my terrible yoga pose above !)